My new book, Will Africa Feed China?, is now available on Amazon or at Oxford University Press. You can read excerpts in All China Review and on Quartz.
A Complete List of Scheduled Book Talks:
- October 13 -- Princeton University 4:30-6pm
- October 27 -- Harvard Club of New York 7:00-9pm (members only)
- October 29 – Johns Hopkins SAIS 4:30-6pm
- November 3 – Yale University, 4:30-6pm
- November 13 – SOAS, London, 6-7:30pm
- November 16 – Institute of Development Studies (IDS), Sussex, UK 1-2:30pm
- December 9 – Harvard University Asia Center, 12:30pm-1:50pm
- February 23 – Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Tokyo, TBD
Will Africa Feed China?
Is China building a new empire in rural Africa? It seems a perfect match: the country with the largest population and the continent with the largest remaining reserves of arable land. Few topics are as emotionally charged as the belief that China is aggressively buying up huge tracts of prime African land to grow food to ship home. Will Africa Feed China? probes the myths and surprising realities behind the headlines.