check out these china-africa publications from the SAIS China africa research initiative (sais-cari):
- Policy Brief 01/2014: The Political Ecology of Chinese Investment in Uganda: the Case of Hanhe Farm, Josh Maiyo.
- Policy Brief 02/2014: Chinese Agricultural Investment in Mozambique: the Case of Wanbao Rice Farm, Sérgio Chichava.
- Policy Brief 03/2014: Chinese Training Courses for African Officials: a “Win-Win” Engagement?, Henry Tugendhat.
- Policy Brief 04/2015: Chinese Agricultural Engagement in Zambia: A Grassroots Analysis, Solange Guo Chatelard and Jessica M. Chu.
- Policy Brief 05/2015: Chinese Agricultural Entrepreneurship in Africa: Case Studies in Ghana and Nigeria, Yang Jiao.
- Policy Brief 06/2015: Assessing the Impact of Chinese Investment on Southeast Africa’s Cotton: Moving up the Value Chain?, Tang Xiaoyang.
- Policy Brief 07/2015: Neither ‘Land Grab’ nor ‘Friendship Farm:’ Chinese Agricultural Engagement in Angola, Zhou Jinyan.
- Policy Brief 08/2015: Chinese Financed Hydropower Projects in Sub-Saharian Africa, Deborah Brautigam, Jyhjong Hwang, and Lu Wang.
- Policy Brief 09/2016: Looking Back and Moving Forward: An Analysis of China-Africa Economic Trends and the Outcomes of the 2015 Forum on China Africa Cooperation, Janet Eom, Jyhjong Hwang, Ying Xia, and Deborah Brautigam.
- Policy Brief 10/2016: What Happened to China Development Bank’s $3 Billion Loan to Ghana?, Thomas Chen.
- Policy Brief 11/2016: How Chinese Money is Transforming Africa: It's Not What You Think, Jyhjong Hwang, Deborah Brautigam, and Janet Eom. (Updated April 31, 2016).
- Policy Brief 12/2016: Media Training for Africa: Is China Exporting its Journalism?, Jákup Emil Hansen.
- Policy Brief 13/2016: Technology Transfer in Telecommunications: Barriers and Opportunities in the Case of Huawei and ZTE in South Africa, June Sun.
- Policy Brief 14/2016: Do Huawei's Training Programs and Centers Transfer Skills to Africa?, Benjamin Tsui.
- Working Paper 01/December 2015: Chinese Engagement in Hydropower Infrastructure in Sub-Saharan Africa, Jyhjong Hwang, Deborah Brautigam, and Nancy Wang.
- Working Paper 02/January 2016: Learning from China? Manufacturing Investment and Technology Transfer in Nigeria, Yunnan Chen, Irene Yuan Sun, Rex Uzonna Ukaejiofo, Tang Xiaoyang, and Deborah Brautigam.
- Working Paper 03/February 2016: How do Chinese Contractors Perform in Africa? Evidence from World Bank Projects, Jamie Farrell.